- Data-as-a-Service platform on Amazon Redshift and Amazon S3 provided the business a self-serve platform and increased efficiencies as data was always available to be consumed for analytics.
- They could map the student journey from sign-up to course completion and spot signs of disengagement immediately.
- Marketing efficiencies – helped in pinpointing and focusing on the marketing initiatives that worked.
Open Universities Australia is an online higher education organisation based in Australia.
- Each business unit was working out their own way of accessing the data, leading to waste of analysts’ time and lengthy access processes.
- This was also putting undue load on the sources as each business unit accessed data individually.
- No single source of truth was available.
BryteFlow software was used to build a near real-time Data-as-a service platform on AWS featuring Amazon S3, EMR and Redshift. This delivered a centralised repository for access for analytics and data science and saved weeks of lost analyst time by providing easy access to the data.
- Achieved cost efficiencies with a cost-effective platform and a pay-a-you-go model.
- Productivity gains for analytics and model building.
- Single source of truth for all data analytics use cases helped verify accuracy of the data.